Repairs & Restorations
Quality workmanship is at the heart of our business, which is why we build lifelong relationships with our clients that extend past the initial sale. If you have a piece in need of repair or restoration, free to contact us for a consultation and our best estimate. You can trust us to retain the integrity of your precious family heirlooms and keep your everyday wearable items clean and sparkling.
Free Ring Cleaning
Stop by Sausalito Jewelers and we will clean your ring as you wait. Our door is always open, and a jewelry professional available to help you.
Custom jewelry design is at the heart of our business, and customers are often pleasantly surprised to find out that custom creations are just as affordable as the jewelry in our featured collections. We are one of the few local jewelers who can custom-‐create fine jewelry in-‐house and still be competitive with price. This is because we have the right technology, coupled with decades of design expertise.
Our state-‐of-‐the-‐art jewelry technology ensures that every creation is made to your exact specifications and fits perfectly. More importantly, our experienced and talented artisans can consult with you to design a one-‐of-‐a-‐kind sentimental heirloom that will last a lifetime. With every custom piece we create, we manage the entire process from start to finish, so you get a truly unique and exquisite item.
Here is how our custom process works:
1. First, we’ll consult with you, lending our expertise but letting your vision lead the way.
2. We’ll then mock up a visual illustration of your design with a 3-‐D rendering in CAD/CAM software.
3. Once you approve the design, our 3-‐D printer creates a resin prototype.
4. We then place the prototype in a special flute, fill the flute with liquid cast, and bake it in an oven to burn away the resin. The resulting cavity, in the shape of your final design, is injected with metal to create a rough casting.
5. That casting is carefully polished and hand-‐prepped for the gem setting.
6. We meticulously attach hand-‐selected gems to your jewelry.
7. And finally, we inspect the final design carefully before handing it over to you.
We literally travel the world to source the best diamonds and other precious gems, and act as direct importers so that we have absolute control over and knowledge about every gem we craft with. Quality is our number one concern, so when we custom-‐make jewelry for you, you can be assured it will be the most responsible, beautiful and highest-‐quality piece in your collection. This is why we proudly stand behind our designs for life.
Shipping & Returns
While a trip to Sausalito is always a wonderful experience, not all of our customers can get to us in person. So, we are happy to ship to customers all over the world. All sales are final, but in the event the piece you choose is not perfectly welcomed, we are happy to discuss alternative options with you.
We stand behind our designs with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects. Although we are very careful to source pristine metals and gems, on the off chance you notice an imperfection in your piece, please contact us so that we can remedy the situation.
Caring for Your Jewelry
We recommend that you bring or ship your piece to us once a year for maintenance and care—or visit a local jeweler who is convenient to you. Annual care of your piece will keep it clean and sparkling for life.